Thredbo Snowkiting Expedition 2021
23/7 - 25/7/2021
The snow season in Australia is on!!! Grab your your kites and your mates and head to the white playground this year with Legend Element. Skis, snowboards, sledges, bobsleighs, even pots and pans can be pulled by a kite. Don’t take our word for it, come and check for yourself.
Decided to join us? Drop us an email to email@example.com or reach us through our FB page @legendelementofficial. ONCE WE’LL CONFIRM YOUR SPOT, YOU’LL BE ADDED TO A FB GROUP CHAT WHERE WE WILL PROVIDE FURTHER DETAILS.
- You must be confident in flying a kite and have basic snowboarding or skiing skills.
- We will take off from Thredbo village and take the Kosciuszko express Chairlift to Eagle Nest from where we will hike to our kite spot.
- Snowkiting map: https://www.kiteboardingnsw.org.au/snow/
- Legend Element will be in the Snowy Mountains from Friday to Sunday (23rd July – 25th July) but you are welcome to join for as long as you like.
- Current spots are limited to 10 people. However, if there will be an overwhelming demand, we will consider booking of additional accommodation. Alternatively, you can book your own or join on a winter camping experience.
- Regardless of accommodation, we will be meeting at Thredbo Village every morning at 8am sharp to catch the chairlift together so we don’t get lost on the hike to the kite spot.
- Legend Element does not provide gear. Please organise your own kite gear. Ski/snowboard equipment and apparel can be hired at the resort at your own cost.
- There are many options to hire ski/snowboard in the Thredbo area like for example: www.alpinesports.com.au
- We are happy to introduce everyone to the amazing experience that snowkiting is. However, keep in mind that it is an extreme sport and Legend Element will not be taking responsibility for your safety. Please keep this in mind and know your level of kite-ability during our time in the mountains.
- Legend Element doesn’t take responsibility for the activities what you will decide to do in mountains (skiing, snowboarding, snowkiting etc.). You take your own risks. We do not control the weather as well as your skills. Be safe.
- Check the Thredbo weather conditions: https://www.thredbo.com.au/weather/weather-report/